Welcome to the Burbs Sports Mock Draft 2.0! Analysts Ryan Dobbs and Connor Sheehan co-mock this round of selections ahead of the draft on Thursday. Switching off picks, Connor took the odds and Dobbs took the evens.
1. Jacksonville Jaguars - Trevor Lawrence, QB, Clemson: This is a no-brainer pick and has been set in stone for some time; the future is bright in Jacksonville
2. New York Jets - Zach Wilson, QB, BYU: The Jets get their QB of the future; no surprises here.
3. San Francisco 49ers - Justin Fields, QB, Ohio State: Justin Fields lands in the best situation out of any quarterback in this class—a star in the making.
4. Atlanta Falcons - Trey Lance, QB, NDSU: The Falcons decide to shoot for the stars and grab a new franchise QB of their own in Trey Lance.
5. Cincinnati Bengals - Jamar Chase, WR, LSU: The top duo in CFB last year reunite in Cincinnati, looking to start right where they left off at LSU.
6. Miami Dolphins - Kyle Pitts, TE, Florida: With Kyle Pitts still on the board, the decision is easy for a Fins team in need of offensive weapons.
7. Lions - Penei Sewell, OT, Oregon: The Lions grab one of the best offensive tackle prospects in the last decade and will start him for the next ten years.
8. Carolina Panthers - Jaylen Waddle, WR, Alabama: Panthers OC Joe Brady + What Waddle’s skill set would bring to this team = Great value for this pick.
9. Denver Broncos - Mac Jones, QB, Alabama: A quarterback for the Broncos completes their already stacked roster as they look to compete in the competitive AFC West.
10. Dallas Cowboys - Jaycee Horn, CB, South Carolina: The Boys’ grab a hold of the best DB on the board right here to help fix last season’s secondary issues.
11. New York Giants - Rashawn Slater, OT, Northwestern: This pick filled the missing piece of the Giants' offense, giving Daniel Jones no more excuses in this make-or-break year.
12. Philadelphia Eagles - DeVonta Smith, WR, Alabama: Philly snags the best receiver on the board, who has generational potential that can bring a spark to this lackluster offense.
13. Los Angeles Chargers - Christian Darrisaw, OT, Virginia Tech: This pick provides much-needed help upfront to unlock Justin Herbert's true potential.
14. Minnesota Vikings - Patrick Surtain II, CB, Alabama: Minnesota gets great value for their pick right here with Surtain, who will come into the league ready to go toe-to-toe with talented receivers.
15. New England Patriots - Micah Parsons, LB, Penn State: Parsons, a top ten talent, falls right into the hands of Bill Belichick, who could turn Micah into an All-Pro early on in his career.
16. Arizona Cardinals - Christian Barmore, DT, Alabama: The best interior defender in the class falls where he is desperately needed—alongside Jones and Watt—to form a nasty trio.
17. Las Vegas Raiders - Trevon Moehrig, S, TCU: The Raiders have had one of the worst defenses in the league as of late; by taking the best safety in the draft, they fill a huge need.
18. Miami Dolphins - Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah, LB, Notre Dame: Coach Flores’ Belichick DNA shines through right here as he selects the best linebacker on the board who brings multiple positive traits to this defensive scheme with his broad skill set.